Redis and TCP Load Balancers

Kevin Johnson

Apr 24, 2017, 1:33:59 PM4/24/17
to Redis DB
Hello,

When read-only Redis replicas become unavailable when synchronizing with the master (for instance during a failover event), how can they be configured to send the correct response to a TCP load balancer such that the LB does not route requests to them until they become available/healthy again?

Thanks!

-Kevin

Jan-Erik Rediger

Apr 24, 2017, 2:16:30 PM4/24/17
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Redis itself won't actively send out anything, unless requested.
Your LB would have to periodically PING the instance and interpret the
response.

Kevin Johnson

Apr 24, 2017, 3:32:58 PM4/24/17
to Redis DB, jan...@fnordig.de
Thanks.  If my LB can't mitigate the problem do you know of any possible Redis client (Redisson, Jedis, etc.) configurations that can at least mark a given Redis pool connection as unusable/not available?