Distributed Lock for Redis Cluster

Alexandr Omyshev

Sep 18, 2017, 12:27:14 PM9/18/17
to Redis DB
Hello guys,

I am just curious, are there any ways to have distributed lock for Redis cluster?

Thank you in advance for the quick response.

hva...@gmail.com

Sep 19, 2017, 1:09:40 AM9/19/17
to Redis DB
Are you asking about Redis Cluster, the sharded configuration of Redis Server?  Or about a group of Redis servers configured with one master and several slaves, all of which have the same data (not sharded)?

Alexandr Omyshev

Sep 19, 2017, 6:14:55 AM9/19/17
to Redis DB
My question is more about - having distributed lock https://redis.io/topics/distlock for Redis cluster if it's possible.
According to my investigation, a Distriburted lock may be used only for a single node configuration (which is opposite to cluster).

Is it more clear now?
That's why I am asking you guys such a question.