Interested in buying support for the Windows port

Goran Pušić

Oct 7, 2016, 10:50:19 AM10/7/16
to Redis DB
Hi all,

is there anyone who offers support contracts for redis, on Windows?

I am interested in using it, and my employer's policy requires a support contract. My searches have so far come short.

Do you know if there is such a thing? I asked Pivotal about it, no reply yet.

TIA,
Goran.

Goran Pušić

Oct 7, 2016, 10:50:51 AM10/7/16
to Redis DB
Ah, before I forget: I asked Microsoft, there is no official support from them.

Stefano Fratini

Oct 8, 2016, 4:47:12 PM10/8/16
to Redis DB
The Windows port is officially maintained by Microsoft as Redis is part of their Azure proposition (fully managed - PaaS)

Even if you can run linux VMs on Azure every PaaS offering in Azure runs on Windows vms, hence they did the port.

Nobody will give you commercial support for Redis on Windows, I'm afraid, unless you use Azure

Stefano