Predis (Moving From Memcache to Redis Caused site down)

Lavesh Rawat

Jun 9, 2016, 2:56:54 PM6/9/16
to Redis DB

I moved my site(php using predis) from Memcached to Redis Cluster but my site was failed. Below is my settings

== Memcache ==

memory alloted to memcache  was just 2GB

== Redis ===

timeout 2
save ""
cluster-enabled yes
maxmemory-policy allkeys-lru
maxmemory 5gb
cluster-node-timeout 100
cluster-slave-validity-factor 0
appendonly yes

:-( Its caused by the site for too many connections as there is sleep on my DB (I guess redis is taking too much time). Then i rolled back to Memcache and site again start working.

How can i debug the issue? Also am i missing some key redis settings?

The Real Bill

Jun 10, 2016, 3:51:15 PM6/10/16
to Redis DB
Well you are missing logs of what is going on, and there is no connection in the above configuration. Since we aren't psychic (Well, I'm not anyway), we can't really help you without full information.

Cheers,
Bill

Josiah Carlson

Jun 10, 2016, 8:30:41 PM6/10/16