Redis Connections

George Chilumbu

Sep 12, 2016, 12:29:16 AM9/12/16
to Redis DB
I have a Redis cluster (version 3.2.0) with 3 masters and 3 slaves. I checked my average connections per second, and here is what i got:

Redis-1-1
uptime_in_seconds:3354431
total_connections_received:217735422

Findings: Redis-1-1 is averaging about 64 connections per second

Redis-1-2
uptime_in_seconds:3444551
total_connections_received:319811076

Findings: Redis-1-2 is averaging about 92 connections per second

Redis-2-1
uptime_in_seconds:3442432
total_connections_received:78116430
Findings: Redis-2-1 is avaraging about 22 connections per second

Redis-2-2
uptime_in_seconds:4049111
total_connections_received:786943733
FIndings: Redis-2-2 is averaging about 194 connections per second

Redis-3-1
uptime_in_seconds:3436857
total_connections_received=247145780
Findings: Redis 3-1 is averaging about 71 connections per second

Redis-3-2
uptime_in_seconds:326421
total_connections_received:508049
Findings: Redis-3-2 averaging about 1 connection per second

Except for Redis-3-2, are the average connections per second acceptable? We have multiple applications connecting to our redis cluster. I feel like some of the numbers, like
194 and 92 connections per second are a bit much.

So my questions is, what is the more acceptable number for average connections per second? Are my numbers abnormal or just in the acceptable range?

Below is my redis config:

activerehashing yes
aof-load-truncated yes
aof-rewrite-incremental-fsync yes
appendfilename "appendonly.aof"
appendfsync everysec
appendonly no
auto-aof-rewrite-min-size 64mb
auto-aof-rewrite-percentage 100
bind 0.0.0.0
client-output-buffer-limit normal 0 0 0
client-output-buffer-limit pubsub 32mb 8mb 60
client-output-buffer-limit slave 512mb 512mb 0
cluster-config-file "node.conf"
cluster-enabled yes
cluster-node-timeout 15000
cluster-require-full-coverage no