Redis - Sentinel Setup

basdeve...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2016, 5:38:10 AM6/27/16
to Redis DB
Hi,

We host a Redis instance with
- 10 GB max memory allocated.
- Currently uses about 3 GB of memory.
- VM is hosting redis.
- Twenproxy

Currently this is not behind a sentinel and planing to move forward for sentinel having master/slave to backup for disaster recovery. We are also having a proxy to connect with our redis.

If a redis move to salve the IP/port changed. We can get the current IP/port state via the sentinel API.

Since, our application is sending a huge request to update redis i.e. 6000 in a sec. So its making us stop to send a sentinel API request with each request to get current ip and port number of the master or slave in case of failure and perform the operation thereafter.

Another solution; we found that sends a sentinel API request via another script and fetch and update the configuration of our ongoing application. But the problem is overhead requests on the server.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.