Installing Redis as a Service Fails on my Windows Machine

Chris Tamlyn

Apr 8, 2016, 4:16:52 AM4/8/16
to Redis DB
Hi

I have installed Redis-64 using the chocolately package.  When I try and install redis as a service on windows I get the following error:

redis-server.exe --service-install

# HandleServiceCommands: system error caught. error code=1073, message = CreateService failed: unknown error

I have also tried just executing the exe on its own, but get another different error:

# Creating Server TCP listening socket *:6379: bind: No such file or directory

Has anyone else got this error before?

Thanks

Enrico Giordani

Apr 15, 2016, 9:08:25 AM4/15/16
to Redis DB
Hi Chris,
have you tried installing Redis using the MSI installer provided with the official releases? https://github.com/MSOpenTech/redis/releases
Note: if you have Windows 10 in a localized language the current MSI may fail, in that case you can use a modified version of the MSI available here: https://github.com/MSOpenTech/redis/issues/403#issuecomment-202456445
If you still have troubles installing Redis on Windows, please report the issue here: https://github.com/MSOpenTech/redis/issues
Thank you.

sachin....@globallogic.com

Jan 18, 2017, 1:45:56 AM1/18/17
to Redis DB
Hi Chris,

I am also facing the same issue while installing the Redis-64 service. Have you got the solution for this issue.

Thanks