an exception of redis::protocol_error from redis-cplusplus-client

Will Song

Jun 26, 2015, 4:21:43 AM6/26/15
to redi...@googlegroups.com
I'm using a c++ client for redis which was checked out from https://github.com/jrk/redis-cplusplus-client .

The problem is that I always get an exception of `redis::protocol_error` , as often as I set up about 20 million key-value items into my Redis server.

The exception message is:

`terminate called after throwing an instance of 'redis::protocol_error'
  what():  unexpected prefix for status reply
Aborted`

Does somebody know why and how can I fix it?

Thank you in advance!

Greg Andrews

Jun 26, 2015, 12:44:58 PM6/26/15
to redi...@googlegroups.com
It looks like you won't be able to use that client.

The README.md file for that client says it's "out of date with respect to Redis 1.1", and it hasn't been updated since 2009.  The current client protocol as described in http://redis.io/topics/protocol was added to Redis in v1.2 and made the standard in v2.0.

So that client doesn't support the protocol used in the modern Redis you're using.

  -Greg