Is there a way to install redis-cli without install the server?

Ziyan Cheng

Aug 15, 2016, 3:22:47 PM8/15/16
to Redis DB
I have a linux box (Fedora release 24). I would like to use the redis-cli connect to remote redis server. That is it. Please let me know what is good approach for that.

anku...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2016, 7:07:26 AM9/21/16
to Redis DB
You can try Redis Desktop manager , not sure if it works in Fedora. But it surely works in Windows.

Dvir Volk

Sep 21, 2016, 7:43:16 AM9/21/16
to redi...@googlegroups.com
You can just build it from source, redis is super simple to build and requires zero dependencies beyond a build system and libc headers.

also, on Ubuntu, there is a separate apt package called redis-tools that provides the cli without the server. Perhaps there's something similar for fedora?