Detaching a node from replication cluster

Mahendra Gangaiwar

Jul 25, 2018, 6:30:23 AM7/25/18
to Redis DB
Hi all,

I've 1+2 redis server and 3 sentinels setup for Redis Sentinel which is working fine. Now this setup is in the production and for any kind of development I ran redis-server on my machine, which is getting attached to replication cluster and becoming slave.
I tried executing "SLAVEOF NO ONE" and resetting Sentinel "SENTINEL RESET mymaster" but after few seconds its again goes back and registers it self as SLAVE.

Can anyone please help me regarding this?

Thanks in advance!

Mahendra Gangaiwar

Jul 26, 2018, 2:15:54 AM7/26/18
to Redis DB
I read few articles about it, and almost all of them are saying having two masters within network is not possible. But I figured out a way for my development purpose

Used bind directive to 127.0.0.1 and it wont be exposed to the network.

Is there any better way to achieve this?