Command line tool in a highly available environment

ami.cas...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2016, 11:33:01 AM11/25/16
to Redis DB
I am currently creating a highly available Redis cluster that will be monitored by Sentinels.  We have shell scripts that access Redis and until now we were using redis-cli in our development environment, but since the redis-cli only takes as an option a single address, it does not meet our production system requirement of being fully highly available since that specific address could go down.  So I am looking for a command line client that follows the Guidelines for Redis clients with support for Redis Sentinel where a list of Sentinel addresses are provided and the master is automatically selected.

One option I am currently considering is to go through the Perl Redis library that does support being provided a list of sentinels.  Do you have better recommendations on how to access a highly available Redis cluster from shell scripts?