Redis as a queue - Configuration review

Enjoy The Silence

Oct 6, 2016, 7:23:03 AM10/6/16
to Redis DB
Hello,
I need to setup a Redis DB which suppose to be used as a queue, which means that it's must be fully persistent (no message can be missed).

I'm pretty new with Redis, and i would like a get a review for my configuration:
  • I want to use both AOF and RDB persistence models, while always will be selected as appendfsync policy. According to their decontaminationalways is not recommended, but i must select this option as i use Redis as a queue, and i can't endure any massages missing.
  • I would like a create a Master-Slave-Slave cluster using Sentinel with automatic failover.
  • Redis service will be automatic started after server boot.

Any kind of comments and suggestions will be great.

CharSyam

Oct 6, 2016, 7:48:16 AM10/6/16
to redi...@googlegroups.com
It depends on how much throughput do you want to handle?

Enjoy The Silence

CharSyam

Oct 6, 2016, 7:56:49 AM10/6/16
to redi...@googlegroups.com
in only using memory(without AOF,RDB)
in comodity server, redis can handle 150,000 tps

Enjoy The Silence

Oct 6, 2016, 8:23:03 AM10/6/16
to Redis DB
That's OK. I won't reach that limitation for sure.

Any other comments?

Enjoy The Silence

Oct 10, 2016, 9:01:50 AM10/10/16
to Redis DB
Any expert can response? I still need some help with that.