Azure Redis reliability regarding data loss

gl...@telecave.net

Feb 11, 2018, 4:02:33 AM2/11/18
to redi...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

It looks like Azure Redis performance documentation excludes giving any SLA or hints on its reliability regarding data loss. Is there any related documentation?

Our scenario would involve a cluster containing 4 shards, but without persistence. It contains small amounts (<10M) or short-lived (<1Day) records.

We have a low tolerance for data loss (not DR scenarios) but are wondering if an in-memory cluster is already sufficient protection?

Are there any data available on Redis on frequency of data loss? How frequent is data loss?

Even more importantly, is there a way to know when data loss occurred?

Regards,

Gunter

Itamar Haber

Feb 11, 2018, 2:37:06 PM2/11/18
to Redis DB
Hello Gunter,

This mailing list is mainly for discussing topics and answering question regarding the open source Redis project. In your case, it appears that your questions can only be answered by your service provider, so if I were in your shoes I'd take them up with Azure's support team.

Cheers,

Itamar Haber | Technology Evangelist
Redis Labs ~/redis

Mobile: +972 (54) 567 9692