Documentation of redis-cli "info" output on a sentinel?

Ofer Inbar

Jul 13, 2016, 1:34:46 AM7/13/16
to redi...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to find documentation on the meaning of the status you get
when you run redis-cli "info" on a redis sentinel. No luck Googling
for it so far. Anyone know where it is?

For example, you get a bunch of lines that look like:
"master5:name=NAME,status=ok,address=IPADDR:PORT,slaves=2,sentinels=3"

Say I want to know what other status values I might see besides "ok".
Or, I want to know if slaves=2 means there are 2 slaves currently up,
or 2 slaves known, even if one of them is down. I'm not finding the
answers to these sorts of questions.
-- Cos

Ofer Inbar

Jul 25, 2016, 5:10:53 PM7/25/16
to redi...@googlegroups.com
I haven't received any responses to this question from a couple of
weeks ago, and I also asked on the Freenode #redis irc channel and
didn't get any response there. So, just trying again - does anyone
know where I can find any documentation of this?
-- Cos

Tuco

Jul 26, 2016, 12:36:04 AM7/26/16
to Redis DB, c...@aaaaa.org
I think its better to not use sentinel info command as its officially not documented i think...
A better way would be to use the following commands on sentinel,

SENTINEL masters
SENTINEL master <mastername>
SENTINEL slaves <mastername>
SENTINEL get-master-addr-by-name <mastername>

The above and others are present at http://redis.io/topics/sentinel#sentinel-commands