Hash tag detection with help of twemproxy

Abhishek Tiwari

Sep 3, 2015, 2:56:17 AM9/3/15
to Redis DB
Hi ,

I am using twemproxy and want to detect on which instance my hashtag is going .

Is it possible to do with script or command? .

Thanks ,
Abhishek

Joseph Phillips

Sep 4, 2015, 7:14:49 AM9/4/15
to Redis DB

I recently wrote a Twemproxy client in Go for a similar purpose.

We want to use commands unsupported by Twemproxy such as BLPOP.

It works at a high level by reading the Twemproxy configuration, and creating a connection to each instance in the pool. An incoming command for a given key is run via Goroutine against every instance along with a method to test for an acceptable return. If one is found, that result is returned and the instance for the key cached so that any ops for the same key are sent directly to that instance in future.

I'm hoping to open source it - I just need to get the go-ahead from my client.

Itamar Haber

Sep 4, 2015, 7:18:57 AM9/4/15
to redi...@googlegroups.com
@Joseph - sounds amazing, looking forward to seeing it take root and grow in the community :)

Itamar Haber | Chief Developer Advocate & Senior Solution Architect
Redis Watch Newsletter - Curator and Janitor
Redis Labs - Enterprise-Class Redis for Developers

Mobile: +1 (415) 688 2443
Office: +1 (650) 396 2999 Ext. 123
Mobile (IL): +972 (54) 567 9692
Office (IL): +972 (3) 720 8515 Ext. 123