support for IPV6

Siva Abbannagari

Jun 11, 2018, 2:21:22 PM6/11/18
to Redis DB
I have an environment where my localhost is resolved to ::1 which is ipv6 localhost.

can I start redis cluster on ipv6?? If yes can somebody help on how to do it.

Thanks,
Siva

Mark Martinec

Jun 11, 2018, 6:47:10 PM6/11/18
to redi...@googlegroups.com, Siva Abbannagari
Don't know about cluster, but we're running a single node
redis server on an IPv6 address for years now.
Just bind it to one or more IPv6 address:

bind ::1

Even works on a link-local address:

bind fe80::1%lo0 ::1 2001:db8::1

Mark

Siva Abbannagari

Jun 11, 2018, 6:50:14 PM6/11/18
to Mark Martinec, redi...@googlegroups.com
Bind::1 where to give?

Mark Martinec

Jun 11, 2018, 7:02:42 PM6/11/18
2018-06-12 00:49, Siva Abbannagari wrote:
> Bind ::1 where to give?

redis.conf

# By default Redis listens for connections from all the network
interfaces
# available on the server. It is possible to listen to just one or
multiple
# interfaces using the "bind" configuration directive, followed by one
or
# more IP addresses.
#
# Examples: