Does redis cache support to .net core ?

manoj solanki

Jan 19, 2017, 1:51:12 AM1/19/17
to Redis DB
Hi All,
I am looking for Redis cache for my project and how stable it is with .net core 1.0 ? i have searched lot and found that officially Microsoft does not support Redis!!!

andyh

Jan 19, 2017, 2:04:47 AM1/19/17
to redi...@googlegroups.com
You should ask in the mail list of that project instead of here.

andyh
Andy Huang (Huangkejun)

Marc Gravell

Jan 19, 2017, 6:26:44 AM1/19/17
to redi...@googlegroups.com
StackExchange.Redis supports .NETStandard 1.5 and .NETFramework 4.0/4.5/4.6; so basically: it should be fine.

If you get connection failure, try using IP-based addressing rather than host-name; this is due to a platform difference re Sockets.

Marc
Regards,

Marc

Marc Gravell

Jan 19, 2017, 6:30:06 AM1/19/17
to redi...@googlegroups.com
(sorry, I should have said: that the aspnet/caching lib builds on top of StackExchange.Redis - hence how that is relevant to the asp part of your question; of course, it is also relevant if you're using StackExchange.Redis directly as a general purpose redis client library)
--
Regards,

Marc