Is there a Redis GUI

颜开

Aug 24, 2010, 6:00:41 AM8/24/10
to Redis DB
My boss is a GUI fan.He does not like anythink without GUI.
=。=
I want to use redis in my company.so I need to find a GUI.

Can Someone tell me where I can find it.

Here is one "http://github.com/chriskite/rediscover"。But I can not
start up it with it's bugs.

Pedro Melo

Aug 24, 2010, 7:18:20 AM8/24/10
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

A GUI to do what? To monitor, to manage, or to use adhoc redis
commands, like a redis-cli with a GUI?

Bye,
--
Pedro Melo
http://www.simplicidade.org/

Demis Bellot

Aug 24, 2010, 5:31:58 PM8/24/10
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Im actually almost finished my first release of a generic Redis Admin UI, here is a current live preview of it here:

At the moment it is running the 'debug/unoptimized' version of the Google Closure Library so the load time is extremely slow over the Internet (although its almost instantaneous when run locally or on the Intranet).

I will provide a release version soon although if you want to get your hands on it early you can check it out from the svn repo here:

It does make a few assumptions and restrictions:
- Keys parts are separated with a ':'
- Complex types are stored as JSON
- Only 1 Redis DB's is supported viewing at the one time (Although you can set which database in the server config)
- You need to roll your own access security as it doesn't have any and since the Admin UI lets you 'FlushAll / FlushDB' you really don't want to let any random have access to it.

Features:
- The client is a pure Ajax (i.e. only static html/css/js) application and can easily be modified and decoupled
- The server component is a ServiceStack ASP.NET Web Services app which you can run on Linux with Mono (Live preview is hosted on CentOS/Nginx/Mono FastCGI).
- The server component provides SOAP/XML and JSON endpoints for all Redis Server operations so effectively makes Redis work like CouchDB.
- It comes with a RedisClient.js JavaScript library which simplifies access to the JSON web services:
- It has primary support for browsing and managing Complex Types stored as JSON inside Redis Strings (Since that's also how my C# Client rolls :) although you can still identify, view and delete the other Redis key types.

I'm just in the process of producing a 'release version' of it now so I will announce and make it available in the next couple of days.
Feel free to drop me any Q's you might have.

Regards,
Demis

Olivier Brisse

Aug 24, 2010, 10:16:26 PM8/24/10
to Redis DB
Hi,

I've just started playing with Redis and found this PHP web ui :
http://code.google.com/p/redis-admin/

Works pretty well for me.

Cheers,
Olivier

On Aug 25, 7:31 am, Demis Bellot <demis.bel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> types.
>
> I'm just in the process of producing a 'release version' of it now so I will
> announce and make it available in the next couple of days.
> Feel free to drop me any Q's you might have.
>
> Regards,
> Demis
>

> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Pedro Melo <m...@simplicidade.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:00 AM, 颜开 <kaiyan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > My boss is a GUI fan.He does not like anythink without GUI.
> > > =。=
> > > I want to use redis in my company.so I need to find a GUI.
>
> > > Can Someone tell me where I can find it.
>
> > > Here is one "http://github.com/chriskite/rediscover"。But I can not
> > > start up it with it's bugs.
>
> > A GUI to do what? To monitor, to manage, or to use adhoc redis

Kenny Shen

Aug 24, 2010, 10:12:55 PM8/24/10
to redi...@googlegroups.com
There's redweb, not sure if it's what you're looking for (or your boss)

http://github.com/kennyshen/redweb

Kenny Shen
Web Developer
M: +65 91521542
W: www.northpole.sg
"The union of the mathematician with the poet, fervor with measure, passion with correctness, this surely is the ideal."
- William James

Jak Sprats

Aug 25, 2010, 12:14:59 AM8/25/10
to Redis DB
Did anyone click on the links he posted, its a pretty slick GUI.

I am a low level guy, so normally I dont need stuff like this, but
this would definitely help me visually explain data to other people.

Look forward to seeing where this thing goes.

My only comment/question would be that the installation looks rough.
So I guess if you want anyone to use it, then make the install easy
(on linux for me :) and put it in Github.

Nice GUI :)

On Aug 24, 2:31 pm, Demis Bellot <demis.bel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> types.
>
> I'm just in the process of producing a 'release version' of it now so I will
> announce and make it available in the next couple of days.
> Feel free to drop me any Q's you might have.
>
> Regards,
> Demis
>
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Pedro Melo <m...@simplicidade.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:00 AM, 颜开 <kaiyan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > My boss is a GUI fan.He does not like anythink without GUI.
> > > =。=
> > > I want to use redis in my company.so I need to find a GUI.
>
> > > Can Someone tell me where I can find it.
>
> > > Here is one "http://github.com/chriskite/rediscover"。But I can not
> > > start up it with it's bugs.
>
> > A GUI to do what? To monitor, to manage, or to use adhoc redis

Demis Bellot

Aug 25, 2010, 12:40:10 AM8/25/10
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Yeah its still pretty raw atm as its still in a development version, I'll try package it up and make the installation as painless as possible when its finished :)

It's a standard ASP.NET web app so if you have mono installed you should just be able to unzip and run 'xsp' on the base directory to load the app on port 8080.
To get a more permanent solution you will have to install it as a web app with your web server of choice using one of the mono guidelines.

I'll post some more info when I've released it.

Cheers,
Demis

颜开

Aug 25, 2010, 1:29:19 AM8/25/10
to Redis DB
Thanks

On 8月25日, 上午5时31分, Demis Bellot <demis.bel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> types.
>
> I'm just in the process of producing a 'release version' of it now so I will
> announce and make it available in the next couple of days.
> Feel free to drop me any Q's you might have.
>
> Regards,
> Demis
>

> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Pedro Melo <m...@simplicidade.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:00 AM, 颜开 <kaiyan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > My boss is a GUI fan.He does not like anythink without GUI.
> > > =。=
> > > I want to use redis in my company.so I need to find a GUI.
>
> > > Can Someone tell me where I can find it.
>
> > > Here is one "http://github.com/chriskite/rediscover"。But I can not
> > > start up it with it's bugs.
>
> > A GUI to do what? To monitor, to manage, or to use adhoc redis

颜开

Aug 25, 2010, 1:32:19 AM8/25/10
to Redis DB
Thanks
> > > redis-db+u...@googlegroups.com<redis-db%2Bunsubscr...@googlegroups.c om>

Marcus

Aug 25, 2010, 6:01:32 PM8/25/10
to Redis DB
Demis,

That is a pretty slick UI! Thanks for sharing that. Definitely helps
visualize it. How long did that take you to make?

Demis Bellot

Aug 26, 2010, 3:29:22 AM8/26/10
to redi...@googlegroups.com
It should be a little slicker now that I've managed to remove the dependency on jQuery and compiled the javascript code:

Unfortunately I wasn't able to compile it with the most advanced optimizations (which looks like it will reduce the .js footprint by another 50%) as I'm running into some js errors which I haven't been able to solve since I'm new to the framework.

This was my first closure-library app so it took me a while getting my head around the framework and its ways of doing things. I would say on and off the UI took maybe about a 1-2 weeks including reading a book on the library.

Despite the fairly minimalist UI there is decent server component to this where I've 'servicified' Redis providing SOAP, XML and JSON endpoints to every operation the complete list which is here:

Which also lets you access redis data through REST services e.g.:

The back-end services effectively adds CouchDB-like functionality to Redis - I'll be interested in hearing if anyone wants to use it as such.
I was able to develop all the web services (around 100 of them) in a weekend then adding all the tests and other scripts took another few days.

Good news is though is that I've got a release version available here (with basic installation instructions for Windows and *NIX/OSX):

I'll get to work on a formal blog post about it.

Cheers,
Demis

Moch Lutfi

Sep 16, 2013, 9:29:07 PM9/16/13
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Maybe late reply, but maybe you can try https://github.com/kadekcipta/redis-wxui.

Igor Malinovskiy

Oct 22, 2013, 2:14:59 PM10/22/13
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Try this cross-platform Redis Desktop Manager http://redisdesktop.com/

Jason Bosco

Oct 24, 2013, 4:22:39 AM10/24/13
to redi...@googlegroups.com
I use redis-commander when I do need a GUI: https://github.com/nearinfinity/redis-commander

Alexandr Topilski

Feb 20, 2015, 10:25:40 PM2/20/15
to redi...@googlegroups.com
May be FastoRedis will be interesting for you.

Francois-Guillaume Ribreau

Apr 6, 2015, 1:00:07 PM4/6/15
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Late to the reply too, but you may give a try to Redsmin, it gives real-time monitoring, easy data management, batch and Compare-And-Swap operations, it can connects to cloud providers as well as local redis instances and is used daily by more than 5 000 developers and enterprise wordwide.

Itamar Haber

Apr 6, 2015, 4:41:08 PM4/6/15
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Several options also covered at [1].

Itamar Haber | Chief Developers Advocate
Redis Watch Newsletter - Curator and Janitor
Redis Labs - Enterprise-Class Redis for Developers

Mobile: +1 (415) 688 2443
Mobile (IL): +972 (54) 567 9692
Email: ita...@redislabs.com
Skype: itamar.haber

Blog  |  Twitter  |  LinkedIn

Maxim Dobryakov

Apr 18, 2015, 2:20:14 AM4/18/15
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Look at Keylord. This is cross-platform GUI application for manage key-value databases like Redis. In this application you can view millions of keys, add/change and delete them, etc.

dian zhou

Jul 27, 2020, 8:03:47 AM7/27/20
to Redis DB
QuickRedis is the best free redis gui tool I have ever used. Recommend to you: https://github.com/quick123official/quick_redis_blog