Importing data from postgres

Abhay Sharma

Sep 4, 2015, 1:14:01 AM9/4/15
to Redis DB
hi all,
i am new in this but i have to import data from postgres and use redis as cache can anyone help me

please give me some step by step procedure

Jan-Erik Rediger

Sep 4, 2015, 2:47:46 AM9/4/15
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Step by step:

1. Write a small script that reads your data from postgres and insert it into Redis.
2. Run it
3. Done

There is not "the one true way" as it depends heavily on your use case,
your data and how you later want to access it.
There is no 1:1 mapping between your data in postgres and your data in
Redis. It's up to you to define this mapping.
Without any knowledge about your data set and your application there's
not much we can do to help.

Josiah Carlson

Sep 4, 2015, 8:47:21 PM9/4/15
to redi...@googlegroups.com
To follow up on what Jan-Erik is saying, it's not just about importing, it's about modeling and knowing how to query your data. I gave a talk on this at Redisconf 2015: bit.ly/josiah-at-redisconf2015

 - Josiah