Redis is taking about 6GB of RAM on startup

68 vues

Chinmay Mukhopadhyay

non lue,
20 juil. 2016, 01:22:1720/07/2016
à Redis DB

So my Redis db has one major hashmap. It contains 8,000,000 records. The size of the dump.rdb file is 2.8 GB.
As soon as I start the redis-server, the RAM usage by redis peaks to 6GB and remains in that state. Since my computer has 8GB RAM installed, I am not being able to insert any more records in the redis db. Every time I do that, I get a JedisConnectionException.
Is this RAM consumption normal? Is there something I can do to reduce this?

Here are some screenshots for your reference:

The RAM usage stats:-

image

The startup time for redis-db:-

image

This is the exception that I am getting:-

image

This is the error I get when I try to insert more data:-

image

Jedis version:

2.8.1

Redis version:

3.0.501

Java version:

1.7.079

CharSyam

non lue,
20 juil. 2016, 01:24:4920/07/2016
à redi...@googlegroups.com
if your rdbcompress is yes?
then it is possible.
may be add some more physical memory for loading it

Chinmay Mukhopadhyay

non lue,
20 juil. 2016, 01:35:1520/07/2016
à Redis DB
Yes the rdbcompress option is set as 'yes'.
But isn't it turned on so that the size taken is reduced? If I turn it off, then the memory taken will be huge.
Other than adding RAM, is there anything that I can do? Like VM Swapping?

CharSyam

non lue,
20 juil. 2016, 01:45:2720/07/2016
à redi...@googlegroups.com
if rdbcompression is yes
Redis compressed real data when redis save it to disk. so rdb is 2.8G, its real size is much bigger than 2.8G

--

Javier Guerra Giraldez

non lue,
20 juil. 2016, 05:28:3320/07/2016
à redi...@googlegroups.com
On 20 July 2016 at 06:35, Chinmay Mukhopadhyay <chinm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Other than adding RAM, is there anything that I can do? Like VM Swapping?

VM swapping turns Redis into a seriously unoptimal disk-based database.

If the amount of RAM you want to use is smaller than your data, then
it would be wiser to use a database actually designed to use disk.

--
Javier
Répondre à tous