Redis 4.0.x - NOAUTH Authentication Error while migrating Keys from one server to another

Shashikumar Ramachandra

Sep 18, 2017, 10:25:45 AM9/18/17
to Redis DB
I have installed Redis 4.0.x on my SUSE box and configured two servers to migrate keys between them.

WIthout setting "requirepass" authentication in redis.conf, I am able to migrate my keys to the destination server.  But when I set "requirepass" authentication in destination server, Getting an error mentioned below when we initiate Migrate command.

  127.0.0.1:26379> MIGRATE 127.0.0.1 26379 "" 0 5000 COPY KEYS key4
(error) ERR Target instance replied with error: NOAUTH Authentication required.

Kindly do the needful

Thanks,
Shashikumar

Jan-Erik Rediger

Sep 18, 2017, 10:55:08 AM9/18/17
to redi...@googlegroups.com
That's expected. The `MIGRATE` command does not support authentication,
so if the target has it enabled it can't write to it and returns you the
error.

Disable password authentication during migration and re-enable it
afterwards (make sure to otherwise properly secure your instance from malicious access)