Redis queue returns false even after accepting message

sreeraa...@verse.in

Dec 27, 2016, 3:28:29 AM12/27/16
to Redis DB
We are seeing a corner case when sometimes, the redis queue returns false instead of the queue count. We checked the queue and the entries for which false was returned are actually present in the queue. The versions of the master and slave are 3.2.6 and 3.2.5 respectively. We have no other cues for this and this is a random behavior.

sreeraa...@verse.in

Dec 27, 2016, 4:47:19 AM12/27/16
to Redis DB
Some additional info here:
Redis version: 3.2.3
Mode cluster, 3 master 3 slave
Client : PHP Redis client
Value returned by RPUSH: False

hva...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2016, 7:27:53 PM12/27/16
to Redis DB

I assume the false value you're reporting is the return from the PHP Redis client to your code.  Have you verified that the Redis server process actually is returning the wrong value after executing the RPUSH command?

sreeraa...@verse.in

Dec 27, 2016, 9:42:52 PM12/27/16
to Redis DB
I checked using the MONITOR command to see whether the command is being accepted into the queue or not and I don't see any response being logged there. Is there a way to check what the redis server is returning?

hva...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2016, 3:35:29 AM12/29/16
to Redis DB

If the PHP client module won't log the command and reply, then the way that I know to get it is to capture the packets exchanged between the client machine and the Redis server machine.