Redis-DS with JBoss 5.1

Khadija Khalfallah

Jun 23, 2015, 5:37:03 AM6/23/15
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am new with Redis and I have followed some tutos to learn more about.

Now, I need to use Redis in my project and I need to set a data source for Redis in JBoss 5.1. Is this possible and if yes how?

Thank you in advance for helping.

Regards,

Mark Paluch

Jun 28, 2015, 3:09:10 PM6/28/15
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Khadija,

I assume, you're talking about JDBC-like data sources in the Java EE context. Redis is not a database that is JDBC compliant. AFAIK, there is no integration that supports a Java Redis Client with container managed resources. You need to manage connection details and resources yourself.
With JBoss 7 (JavaEE 6) you can use CDI together with lettuce, which manages the client lifecycle, but you still have to provide the connection details (host, database number, authentication) by yourself.

HTH, Mark