How to disable replication in Redis cluster because I can not get pass this error "LOADING Redis is loading the dataset in memory"

D Wu

Jul 2, 2015, 1:40:13 AM7/2/15
to redi...@googlegroups.com
I have my Redis cluster set up successfully.

However, it seems like my one or more of my slaves are always syncing from their respective master.  I am always getting "LOADING Redis is loading the dataset in memory" although all the masters have finished initializing from Disk.

The cluster become un-usable because it's always throwing me "LOADING Redis is loading the dataset in memory".

My use case is that I will never do any writes to my Redis cluster after server restart, so there's no need to replicate to the slaves.

Thanks.

Josiah Carlson

Jul 5, 2015, 2:02:43 AM7/5/15
to redi...@googlegroups.com
Slaves are there to ensure that even if your masters aren't up, their data is still available somewhere, and that a former slave can become master for that data. As for disabling slaving in Redis Cluster, I am not sure that is possible (and I suspect it is impossible).

As an alternative, you can use Redis with client-side sharding (consistent hashing or otherwise) to get masters without slaves, and still have your data distributed. Twemproxy can also help here, depending on your needs.

 - Josiah