Redis Upgrade

abel.g...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2017, 9:19:54 AM7/17/17
to Redis DB
Hi,

Can anyone please help me attrmept to upgrade Redis as I’ve never attempted an upgrade before. We are currently running Redis 2.2.5 32 bit, we want to upgrade to 64bit.

1. I see on https://redis.io/download the latest version is 4.0, can we upgrade direct to 4.0 from 2.2.5?

2. What is the best process for upgrading, we currently have 2 servers in our Dev, Pre-Prod and Prod environments, they use to act as Master/Slaves but no longer do.

3. Does each instance of Redis need updating i.e. we have ports 6379 Redis/6380 Redis-Community/6381 Redis-Web-Community running on some servers.

4. Some of the Slave nodes are already running 64bit, is there a simple way to upgrade to 64bit if we stay on the same version 2.2.5?

Thanks