no persistence => no serialisation

Francesco laTorre

Oct 3, 2016, 9:13:25 AM10/3/16
to Redis DB
Hi All,

We have a use case where we're going to (consciously) disable persistence in redis.
Now, given we are going to keep everything in memory, I wonder if we can store objects straight away without serialising saving cpu and memory.

Cheers,
Francesco

Francesco laTorre

Oct 10, 2016, 10:54:55 AM10/10/16
to Redis DB
Just a gentle Monday bump :)

Jan-Erik Rediger

Oct 10, 2016, 11:12:37 AM10/10/16
to 'Francesco laTorre' via Redis DB
I'm not sure what you're asking for.
If you are not persisting to disk, nothing gets serialized into the
on-disk format. All data will be stored in their respective
datastructure in memory.

CharSyam

Oct 10, 2016, 11:29:18 AM10/10/16
to redi...@googlegroups.com, Jan-Erik Rediger
you can give "bgsave" command when you want.

Francesco laTorre

Oct 10, 2016, 1:17:39 PM10/10/16
to redi...@googlegroups.com, Jan-Erik Rediger
Cheers guys, all clear now :)

On 10 October 2016 at 16:29, CharSyam <char...@gmail.com> wrote:
you can give "bgsave" command when you want.

> I'm not sure what you're asking for.
> If you are not persisting to disk, nothing gets serialized into the
> on-disk format. All data will be stored in their respective
> datastructure in memory.
>
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 07:54:55AM -0700, 'Francesco laTorre' via Redis DB wrote:
>> Just a gentle Monday bump :)
>>
>> On Monday, 3 October 2016 14:13:25 UTC+1, Francesco laTorre wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > We have a use case where we're going to (consciously) disable persistence
>> > in redis.
>> > Now, given we are going to keep everything in memory, I wonder if we can
>> > store objects straight away without serialising saving cpu and memory.
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> > Francesco
>> >

>> --
>
> --

Francesco laTorre
Senior Developer
T:+44 208 742 1600
+44 203 249 8394

E:francesc...@openbet.com
W:www.openbet.com
OpenBet Ltd
Chiswick Park Building 9
566 Chiswick High Rd
London
W4 5XT
This message is confidential and intended only for the addressee. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the postm...@openbet.com and delete it from your system as well as any copies. The content of e-mails as well as traffic data may be monitored by OpenBet for employment and security purposes. To protect the environment please do not print this e-mail unless necessary. OpenBet Ltd. Registered Office: Chiswick Park Building 9, 566 Chiswick High Road, London, W4 5XT, United Kingdom. A company registered in England and Wales. Registered no. 3134634. VAT no. GB927523612