if the value is variable string, does the performance drop down?

蔡毅恒

May 25, 2015, 8:03:38 AM5/25/15
to redi...@googlegroups.com
if the value is some thing like 50% single char and 50% long string.

Josiah Carlson

May 25, 2015, 7:33:30 PM5/25/15
to redi...@googlegroups.com
What do you mean by "long string"? Obviously a 200MB string will take more time to process, store, etc., than a 1 character string, and technically, even 2 characters will be measurably slower in practice. How much? I can't guess or say because I don't know what you mean by "long string". I could test it on my machine, but you would find better results by benchmarking yourself in a production-like environment.

 - Josiah