How many slaves can you have in a master / slave setup?

JL

Oct 5, 2016, 5:08:13 PM10/5/16
to Redis DB
Hi there.

We have a need to "share" information between one master.... and N number of slaves where N can be up to 200.
I've been asked to find out what the maximum number of slaves are in redis.  I haven't been able to find anything that's been documented explicitly about this.

Can you point me in the right direction?

Also, just as a side comment... coming from a programmer background, this feels wrong - aka having this many slaves.  So I'm also looking into how pub / sub works in redis.
I notice in the redis.conf file that you can have up to 10,000 clients connect.  So if I'm understanding things correctly, I should have enough connections to follow a pub / sub model instead of a master / slave replication set up.

Any comments would be appreciated.