Reg Partial sycn in redis replication.

Sairam M P

Nov 21, 2016, 11:52:22 AM11/21/16
to Redis DB
Hi,

We are using redis-2.8.17 and till in this version we don't see the psync exposed for the users. I would like to know, is there any updates in redis in the recent times to support partial sync which can be configured by the users.

Also it would be great if someone can explain the technical difficulties in exposing the partial sync (through offset configuration) to the users. The only challenge i see in front is the buffer size, which should have enough space to accumulate the changes(deltas). This in turn can be a user configuration and a queue. So that when i try to configure replication from offset say 'x', if there an offset like 'x' in the queue the replication configuration will succeed else it should ask to do a full-sync.

So ideally its left to the user through the amount of space user allocates for the delta -queue. It would be helpful if someone can throw lights on this.

-Sairam.