Is it possible to do point to point messaging in redis ?

Guy Lubovitch

Mar 14, 2014, 10:23:14 AM3/14/14
to redi...@googlegroups.com
I understand it is possible to do pub sub, but i am very interested in low latency point to point. is that possible ?

Salvatore Sanfilippo

Mar 14, 2014, 10:32:55 AM3/14/14
to Redis DB
If every point has an associated channel why not?

Other alternative to low latency point to point is probably zeromq?

Salvatore

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 3:23 PM, Guy Lubovitch <guy.lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I understand it is possible to do pub sub, but i am very interested in low
> latency point to point. is that possible ?
>
> --

Salvatore 'antirez' Sanfilippo
open source developer - GoPivotal
http://invece.org

To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a
proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet
unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and to refute it
-- Wikipedia (Straw man page)

Josiah Carlson

Mar 14, 2014, 2:41:48 PM3/14/14
to redi...@googlegroups.com
If you want persistent point to point, also with relatively low latency, you can also use a list with BLPOP commands. All of the typical caveats about Redis persistence apply.

 - Josiah

Ayush Jaiswal

Jul 13, 2016, 9:33:43 AM7/13/16
to Redis DB
Is it possible to establish a two way chat messaging using pub/sub in redis where subscribers can send and receive messages both at the sane time.