Redis pub/sub can exchange message in sync way

edward wang

Sep 21, 2016, 12:44:30 PM9/21/16
to Redis DB

Hello,

We have an application(for example A project) is built in Java(Spring framework). And another application(for example B project) is built in C#. We want  C# code(B project ) call the an existing Java function in A.

I wonder if Redis pub/sub can exchange message  in sync way between 2 platforms. So we can do a call across different platforms.

Thanks,

Edward

Artur Biesiadowski

Sep 23, 2016, 9:19:45 AM9/23/16
to Redis DB
Regardless of plaftorm, pub/sub is not really a good solution for synchronous point to point request/reply. Entire idea of pub/sub is that it is 1 to 0..n and async/noblocking. You should look into using some kind of queue-like mechanism. Example of how it can be implemented on top of Redis is here http://big-elephants.com/2013-09/building-a-message-queue-using-redis-in-go/