Restrict a node to be slave only in sentinel mode?

House Lee

Feb 12, 2018, 5:32:50 PM2/12/18
to Redis DB
Hi, here is my case:

I want to have a master node receiving updates to keys, and I have multiple nodes need to read the data. The data doesn't have to be synced in real-time. Therefore, to speed up the read, I'm planning to setup a slave in each node and let the app running in the nodes directly read from 127.0.0.1. To make the system more robust, I want to have several other "master candidates" monitored and managed by redis-sentinel, they are also slaves to the current master and if the current master died, the redis-sentinel will raise one of them to be the new master.

However, only nodes in the "master candidates" list can be elected as the new master, those slaves used by the app should never be considered by the redis-sentinel. How should I do it?

Thanks & Best Regards
House

House Lee

Feb 12, 2018, 5:44:38 PM2/12/18
to Redis DB
Found the answer myself. Setting the priority of a slave to 0. Sorry for asking this dumb question.