Copy and Connect Page in SmartEdit

cloidt

Nov 23, 2016, 9:55:55 AM11/23/16
to RedDot CMS Users
Hi,

is there a way to copy pages in SmartEdit-Mode?
I can't believe there is no such function, but didn't found anything yet.

Thanks in advance

Claudia

mreddot

Dec 1, 2016, 5:10:57 AM12/1/16
to RedDot CMS Users
Hi Claudia,

its not available in SmartEdit because the following dialog is often too complicated for authors.
But its just a small customization to make this function available in SmartEdit, too.
Just create a plugin, reference to the original dialog from SmartTree and make this plugin available in SmartEdit.

BR
Marco

cloidt

Dec 6, 2016, 3:06:29 PM12/6/16
to RedDot CMS Users
Hi Marco,

thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately creating such a plugin seems to be not as easy as it sounds.. simply calling the dialog in the Plugin-URL won't work, because a pageGuid is needed. I can't figure out how to pass the GUID of the checked page in clipboard. Or maybe I'm trying to call to the wrong dialog...?!
Does anyone has a hint on how to do this?

Kind regards
Claudia

Pierre Kruppik

Dec 7, 2016, 4:08:23 PM12/7/16
to RedDot CMS Users
Hi Claudia,

check http://simplyreddot.blogspot.de/2013/11/moveit.html. Maybe this is what you want.

Regards,
Pierre

cloidt

Dec 15, 2016, 10:07:31 AM12/15/16
to RedDot CMS Users
Hi,

thanks Pierre. This plugin moves pages, I need a solution that duplicates them.

Best regards
Claudia