Looking for a room/apartment

Peter

Sep 22, 2014, 12:22:08 PM9/22/14
to reddi...@googlegroups.com
I know this group doesn't get much traffic anymore, but I was helping friends move into a new place over the weekend and they told me that they got their place through this board. So, here goes nothing...

Looking for a space within 45 min of Astor Place before November 1st. Washington Heights, Harlem, west Queens, Brooklyn, and Jersey seem to be the best options at the moment. My budget is as cheap as possible to $1000/month (I've been searching for $450-1000 on craigslist; the lower value is just to get rid of the scammers and weeklies). I've got pretty good credit; from what I've heard my score is good enough to pass with all landlords (I just bought my credit score yesterday to confirm).

 I'm open to getting an apartment with someone - it looks like that would be cheaper in the long run, especially since I've recently come into basically a full apartment worth of furniture that I either have to move, store, or sell. (Previous roommate moved cross country and gave me their stuff for a song.)

Otherwise, I'm looking for a room.

About me:
I'm a male in his early 30s, still doing the roommate thing... I don't mind shared living, but value personality fit as much as space. That is, I'd rather not have the extent of our interactions be "here's the rent, see you next month". I've never been late on a rent payment in seven years in NYC, or ever for that matter, but one of my biggest priorities is saving money and trying to get ahead in life, so I'd rather live somewhat frugally than find the best place possible. That means working out at home/taking my bike out for a ride, cooking at home, reading/playing games at home, possibly entertaining at home if the space permits (it rarely has in the past, which is part of the reason I like getting along with the people I live with).

I own a cat whom I'd really like to bring with me. He's cute but sort of insistent - this morning he wanted my attention, so headbutted me until I was awake. He'll probably do that to you, too. He's lived with other animals in the past, and I suspect we'd want to find a good fit between them if you have an animal. I keep his nails clipped, and he's fixed.

Anyway, I'll keep looking through the normal channels, but if you or anyone you know is looking to fill a room or search for a 2-4 br in the next month, please reach out.

Mendizabal

Sep 23, 2014, 4:51:14 AM9/23/14
to Peter, Reddit NYC
​Will keep my ears open. And I think this list needs to make a come backl.

Let's get the band back together!​

+ mendizabal
= interactive + creative