My blog is called Fight!

Joshua Simeon Narins

Sep 22, 2013, 11:33:34 PM9/22/13
to Reddit /r/nyc
So, how do we fight?

I want to lift a cudgel for Obamacare.

It's not that great, but its detractors are, by and large, complete assholes.

I don't have a meeting space, so, we don't meet.

Here's the idea. Healthcare(HC) costs in the US are more than a trillion a year (precise numbers aren't important yet) and have been rising at about 15% a year for a while. HC cost increases have already slowed. If it was down to five percent, that's 100 billion in savings. But it is likely to keep growing at the slower rate, so, compound interest sets in.

So, it won't take much extrapolation to show that the long term costs of the program will be outweighed by the expected returns. I can pretty much do this part myself, although I should have someone double check my figures.

Saves money, covers more people.

But those would just be facts. Any Tea Party poppet could counter that their beloved leaders assured that Freedom itself is being destroyed, so certainly some things shouldn't be sacrificed just for some cost savings.

So, that's where I want help. Their leaders (Fox, the GOP, right wing radio), if memory serves, all told them this would never work. They said it would raise costs.

What I would like, and if I get some volunteers, will work on, is to a) create a list of the relevant leaders (easy, right?) and then search for their statements on their cost predictions. The congressional record, tv transcripts, radio transcripts, newspaper and magazine articles.

These fuckers always deceive them. Showing this is important.

Just a thought.