0.13 will not have built-in remote project support

Daniel Lucraft

Jan 16, 2012, 6:50:53 AM1/16/12
to redcar...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

I've just removed the remote project support from Redcar, for several reasons:

 * I understand it was broken
 * it was implemented in a way that made it difficult to maintain
 * it made the Project code harder to understand.
 * I don't use it, so I'm not particularly interested in maintaining it

If anyone would like to take on this feature as a project, I would love to see it resurrected as a plugin. It can be done much more simply than before by making a separate Tree view for it, rather than hooking into the Project tree view.

best,
Dan

Daniel Lucraft

Mat Schaffer