PFS Unchained!

Iammars

Apr 27, 2015, 3:30:00 PM4/27/15
to Public Redcap's PFS Mailing List
All your questions about Unchained and PFS answered!

Tim Stapleton

Apr 27, 2015, 4:20:03 PM4/27/15
to redcapsc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks James!

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 27, 2015, at 3:29 PM, Iammars <iamm...@gmail.com> wrote:

All your questions about Unchained and PFS answered!

Bobby Speck

Apr 27, 2015, 4:26:06 PM4/27/15
to redcapsc...@googlegroups.com

Hooray, my paladin/rogue is strictly better now!

I'm slightly perplexed as to why the monk isn't allowed to use archetypes?

Iammars

Apr 27, 2015, 4:28:20 PM4/27/15
to Public Redcap's PFS Mailing List
The other 3 classes keep the same basic progression of abilities and what levels you find them at - anything new in those classes is either a modification of an existing ability or a brand new ability. The new monk rips out a lot of the small abilities and changes them around, making applying archetypes wonky at best.

Bobby Speck

Apr 27, 2015, 4:47:41 PM4/27/15
to redcapsc...@googlegroups.com

Gotcha. I shall mentally file the Unchained monk under "archetype that doesn't stack with any other archetype."

Doron Billheimer

Apr 27, 2015, 6:17:27 PM4/27/15
to redcapsc...@googlegroups.com
Well there goes a few hours of sleep I was going to get tonight as I research the effects on some of my current and future characters.

Peter Breuer-Penello

Apr 27, 2015, 7:37:13 PM4/27/15
to redcapsc...@googlegroups.com
This means my level 3 summoner is grandfathered in right? As I level up I'll be able to used the advanced players guide still? :D

Bobby Speck

Apr 27, 2015, 7:40:19 PM4/27/15
to redcapsc...@googlegroups.com

Indeed. You'll also have up to 11 more evolution points on your eidolon and a vast array of undercosted spells, compared to an Unchained summoner. Enjoy! :)