Thinking about DMing

Bilal Aslam

Mar 15, 2018, 2:39:43 PM3/15/18
to Redcap's Corner Pathfinder Society
Hey Everyone,

It looks like we usually have more players and less DMs so i'd like to fill that hole. I've only played twice before but i'd love to give DMing a try. What do i need to do to get started DMing?

Thanks!
-Bilal

Robyn Allen

Mar 15, 2018, 4:23:30 PM3/15/18
to Redcap's Corner Pathfinder Society
That is wonderful that you are interested in GMing
Paizo has a good guide to GMing in organized play
http://paizo.com/products/btpy8vq7
And you will also want to know the basic organized play rules
http://paizo.com/products/btpy84k4?Pathfinder-Society-Roleplaying-Guild-Guide

Happy Gaming
Robyn

Tom LaPorta

Mar 15, 2018, 8:35:13 PM3/15/18
to Redcap's Corner Pathfinder Society
Robyn, since you know the scenarios well, do you have a suggestion for one that's easier for a new GM? I found Mists of Mwangi to be really easy to run (mostly combat encounters), but it's been played really recently. Certain others have been pretty tough (On the Border of War springs to mind).

Bilal Aslam

Mar 15, 2018, 9:37:10 PM3/15/18
to Redcap's Corner Pathfinder Society
Great! Thanks for the links!

Let me know if i can be of use this coming tuesday, otherwise maybe i'll just do a premade for the higher level game.

Steve Stratoti

Mar 15, 2018, 9:44:23 PM3/15/18
to redcapsc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bilal,

I was secretly hoping that another lower level game would open up. I realized yesterday that the 1-5 adventure next week is the Verdant module that we played last week with Robyn, so I dropped out.

With so many people on the waiting list for the Verdant 1-5 game, maybe you could do an alternate 1-5? Or a 1-2 game?

--

Steve Stratoti

Bilal Aslam

Mar 15, 2018, 10:21:03 PM3/15/18
to Redcap's Corner Pathfinder Society
I would love to, I'll post things here as i find questions i dont have answers to haha.

Does anyone have a PDF of the scenario?

Bilal Aslam

Mar 15, 2018, 10:39:41 PM3/15/18
to Redcap's Corner Pathfinder Society
Oh did you mean by level? Ok i'll look up some stuff/

Steve Stratoti

Mar 15, 2018, 10:45:13 PM3/15/18
to redcapsc...@googlegroups.com
Yes, sorry, I should have specified. I was talking about levels.

They also have some easy tier 1 games (meant for levels 1 and 2) that are meant to be easy to GM and also play through. I think it's so that the new and shiny characters don't die. :D

But if you want to run a level 1 through 5 game, I'm game for that too!

--

Steve Stratoti

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 10:39 PM, Bilal Aslam <aslam...@gmail.com> wrote:
Oh did you mean by level? Ok i'll look up some stuff/

Bilal Aslam

Mar 15, 2018, 10:57:51 PM3/15/18
to Redcap's Corner Pathfinder Society
I'm looking through Society Scenario titles to see what looks interesting and i'll post a couple up that we can all decide from.

Robyn Allen

Mar 16, 2018, 9:28:14 AM3/16/18
to redcapsc...@googlegroups.com
Redcaps has printed copies of all the scenarios, which you can borrow.
I would suggest looking at season 6 or later because all those scenarios have stat blocks already preped at the end (earlier seasons dont and often require you to calculate in templates)
5-08 The confirmation, 6-10 wounded wisp and 7-10 are the level 1-2 replayables and are good starting scenarios

On Mar 15, 2018 10:57 PM, "Bilal Aslam" <aslam...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm looking through Society Scenario titles to see what looks interesting and i'll post a couple up that we can all decide from.

Robyn Allen

Mar 16, 2018, 9:35:49 AM3/16/18
to redcapsc...@googlegroups.com
Also, i would play any of the level 1-2 scenarios next week if u would like to prep one

Bilal Aslam

Mar 16, 2018, 9:55:16 AM3/16/18
to Redcap's Corner Pathfinder Society
Okay let me look into the ones you posted, Also i wouldn't mind doing this for Starfinder as well, i honestly love sci fi a lot more than fantasy haha.

Bilal Aslam

Mar 16, 2018, 12:06:51 PM3/16/18
to Redcap's Corner Pathfinder Society
Ok how about 05-08:The Confirmation?

I just need to figure out something for a mat, otherwise reading through it, it seems doable.