STARFINDER SOCIETY (and Numenera)

Redcap's Corner

Apr 13, 2017, 2:23:43 PM4/13/17
to Redcap's Corner Pathfinder Society
Hello everyone! With some new RPG OP programs on the horizon, I want to solicit information from those of you who might be interested! We're going to be running Starfinder Society once it debuts in August, and we're hoping to run Numenera Cypher Play as soon as possible. If anyone here is interested in either program, please check out the following blog post that went live on our website this afternoon:

If you have any desire for either program to be run on a particular day (or NOT on a particular day), please use the appropriate poll on the blog to tell us. The poll closes next Friday at midnight. Also, if anyone is interested in being a regular GM for Numenera while we get the program off the ground, please email me at be...@redcapscorner.com to let me know! We could use one or two reliable volunteers.

For those of you who haven't heard of Numenera, it's the first setting for Monte Cook's Cypher System, and it released several years ago. The setting is visually stunning, and features a far-future, weird fantasy world, built on the backs of eight previous fallen civilizations, the remnants of which can be found everywhere (though they're often no longer understood). It's a system that falls right in that sweet spot between Dungeon World and Pathfinder in terms of its balance between crunch and fluff. It uses d20s, but isn't a d20 game in the traditional sense. The most interesting aspect of the game is that each character is almost entirely built (from a mechanical perspective) by making only three decisions, and thus can be explained to another player with a single sentence ("I'm a ______ ______ that ______s"), but that there is nevertheless a staggering amount of character diversity possible. Characters are more or less level-based, but can choose to spend xp on upgrades before reaching the next level, so levels are achieved more gradually than in Pathfinder. Overall, it's a ton of fun.

Thanks, everyone!
--Benn.