Starfinder Adventure Path

Tom LaPorta

Mar 20, 2018, 7:35:24 PM3/20/18
to Redcap's Corner Pathfinder Society
Has anyone out there been playing the Starfinder Adventure Path, Dead Suns? It's sanctioned for SFS play, and I was thinking about running it for a group (possibly on alternate Sundays) if there's enough interest. It's got really cool boons (the first one gives an alternate ship for SFS play), so it seems like something we should do.

Mike Knauer

Mar 21, 2018, 9:08:51 AM3/21/18
to redcapsc...@googlegroups.com

I would really love to play Dead Suns.  I have heard that it can be a killer if not played in campaign mode.

 - Mike

On 3/20/2018 7:35 PM, Tom LaPorta wrote:
Has anyone out there been playing the Starfinder Adventure Path, Dead Suns? It's sanctioned for SFS play, and I was thinking about running it for a group (possibly on alternate Sundays) if there's enough interest. It's got really cool boons (the first one gives an alternate ship for SFS play), so it seems like something we should do.

Tom LaPorta

Mar 21, 2018, 10:34:19 AM3/21/18
to Redcap's Corner Pathfinder Society
Yeah, I was trying to think which way would be better. I like the continuity of the campaign mode (and the additional granularity of which levels to play), but I really like being able to drop in and drop out (with SFS characters). I was thinking that possibly everyone would start Dead Suns with a fresh Level 1 character (or maybe with 1 or 2 Chronicle Sheets already), complete the first adventure, and then each player can either participate in a couple of scenarios to level up or shuffle in a new level 3 or 4 character.

Or, of course, we could run it with regular characters and apply our Chronicle Sheets to other characters.

Blake Eichenseer

Mar 21, 2018, 6:43:58 PM3/21/18
to Redcap's Corner Pathfinder Society
If you decide to run it in campaign mode, and if you'll have me, I would be very interested in participating!
Dead suns looks like it would be a blast.

Tom LaPorta

Mar 21, 2018, 8:14:15 PM3/21/18
to redcapsc...@googlegroups.com
Alright, we've got two and a half votes for campaign mode (I'm the half). I'm good with having the Chronicle apply to a different character (although I guess the GM always does that). We just need two more people and a time and we're good to go.

Tom LaPorta

Apr 8, 2018, 11:00:21 PM4/8/18
to Redcap's Corner Pathfinder Society
OK, we've got a third now. The Adventure Path is built for four player characters, so we need just one more and we're good to go. Anyone got a suggestion?

Julian Blanco

Apr 10, 2018, 10:09:00 PM4/10/18
to Redcap's Corner Pathfinder Society
Hey guys, I'm game. Just let me know when you want to play. Sunday is the only day that's bad for me unless it's 6pm or later.

Tom LaPorta

Apr 10, 2018, 11:14:22 PM4/10/18
to Redcap's Corner Pathfinder Society
Alright, we've got four interested parties now. What days work? I'm open to pretty much any day but Saturday. I can do weeknights; I was thinking meeting at Redcap's would be the way to go, since we all know it. Anyone have ideas of when they can be available? I was thinking running once or twice a month depending on everyone's commitment level; we could even do after Sunday Starfinder, if that works for everyone.

Robert Barker

Apr 10, 2018, 11:24:15 PM4/10/18
to redcapsc...@googlegroups.com
Weeknights are hard for me because of my daughter's track schedule.

Robyn Allen

Apr 11, 2018, 9:28:27 AM4/11/18
to redcapsc...@googlegroups.com
Hey Guys,
Now that you are all set, if you could move to PM or a separate email, that would be great

Happy gaming
Robyn

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018, 11:14 PM Tom LaPorta <tlap...@gmail.com> wrote:
Alright, we've got four interested parties now. What days work? I'm open to pretty much any day but Saturday. I can do weeknights; I was thinking meeting at Redcap's would be the way to go, since we all know it. Anyone have ideas of when they can be available? I was thinking running once or twice a month depending on everyone's commitment level; we could even do after Sunday Starfinder, if that works for everyone.

On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 7:35:24 PM UTC-4, Tom LaPorta wrote:
Has anyone out there been playing the Starfinder Adventure Path, Dead Suns? It's sanctioned for SFS play, and I was thinking about running it for a group (possibly on alternate Sundays) if there's enough interest. It's got really cool boons (the first one gives an alternate ship for SFS play), so it seems like something we should do.

Tom LaPorta

Apr 11, 2018, 9:56:03 PM4/11/18
to Redcap's Corner Pathfinder Society
Alright, I've got a Google Plus group set up which will allow us to set this up. The link's below: