Questions about RedBox-Mint

Theeban Soundararajan

Apr 15, 2015, 7:46:51 PM4/15/15
to redbo...@googlegroups.com, Matthew Hillman
Hi,

We at Intersect are currently doing an evaluation of metadata tools and RedBox-Mint is one of them and was hoping this was the right place to ask some questions.

Currently I am looking at supported metadata fields and found this resource http://www.redboxresearchdata.com.au/documentation/system-administration/administering-redbox/form-fields/collection-form-fields but was wondering if it was possible to add custom metadata fields? or support a new metadata schema?

Any information would be of great help.

thanks,
Theeban

Andrew Brazzatti

Apr 16, 2015, 10:10:24 PM4/16/15
to redbo...@googlegroups.com, Matthew Hillman
Hi Theeban,

Yes this is the right place :) To answer your questions:
  1. Yes it is possible to add custom metadata fields in addition to the ones listed on that page.
  2. If by supporting a new metadata schema you mean outputting the data from the forms in a different format (e.g. in addition to the ones supported out the box like RIF-CS, oai_dc and MARC) then that's possible. If you're asking whether it's possible for ReDBox to capture a completely different type of record type, have a form and workflow functionality associated to it then that's also possible.
Hope that helps. If you'd like to more information we're more than happy to have a chat about it.

Thanks,
Andrew

--
-- Website: http://www.redboxresearchdata.com.au

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ReDBox group. To post to this group, send email to redbo...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to redbox-repo...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/redbox-repo?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ReDBox" group.

Theeban Soundararajan

Apr 16, 2015, 11:04:58 PM4/16/15
to redbo...@googlegroups.com, Matthew Hillman
Thanks Andrew that answered my questions.

cheers,
Theeban

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "ReDBox" group.

Theeban Soundararajan | Software Engineer | Intersect
Level 12, 309 Kent St, Sydney NSW 2000 Australia