Unretiring a record

Matthias Liffers

Jul 21, 2015, 3:57:59 AM7/21/15
to redbo...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

So we’ve had a little goof up and a record was accidentally retired. Can anyone suggest a way to bring it out of retirement?

Thanks,

Matthias Liffers
BCompSc W.Aust. MInfoStud CSturt AALIA (CP)
Coordinator, Research Services | University Library

Curtin University
Tel |
+61 8 9266 2439
Fax | +61 8 9266 4185

Email | matthias...@curtin.edu.au
Web | http://library.curtin.edu.au

ORCID | http://orcid.org/0000-0002-3639-2080

Curtin University is a trademark of Curtin University of Technology.
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J

K. Trewin

Jul 21, 2015, 9:07:35 PM7/21/15
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthias,
Back in 2013 we also accidentally retired a record at UWS - I have copied and pasted Susan's message to this group, and the response (which we don't seem to have ever tried so I can't confirm it works).
Anyway things may have changed since then so hopefully someone can give you a more current response.
Regards,
Katrina

---------------------------
Susan Robbins
Inline images 1
12/06/2013

Hi All

Yesterday I accidently retired a ReDBox record in error before it was uploaded to RDA (oops). Fortunately for me Amar did some magic and we were able to harvest it, but we couldn’t identify quickly how to restore the record to ‘Published’. If anyone else has managed to ‘un’ retire a  record we’d love to hear how. Also – do you think we need an extra step when retiring records from Published. Maybe an extra button that says ‘Please confirm you want to retire this record’. What do others think and Duncan how easy would this be to do?

Thanks

Susan

Ms Susan Robbins

Research Services Coordinator (Library)

University of Western Sydney

This email is intended for the named addressee only and may contain confidential information. If you are not the named addressee please remove this message from your system and contact the sender on +61 2 9852 5458. Any views expressed within this message are those of the individual sender and do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Western Sydney.

Inline images 2
andrew
Inline images 3
12/06/2013
Hi Susan,

The way the workflow is setup is very linear and you can only go in one direction. i.e. from investigation -> published (and then to retired). It's not very easy to change in code the way it is currently implemented (you'd need to change the rules script). The way we have implemented our new data management and self-submission forms would make this a relatively trivial task but unfortunately we are not quite ready to migrate it.

You already have to check a box before you can retire the record but it wouldn't be too difficult to make a local customisation that would prompt the user to confirm (via dialog box) that the user really does want to retire the record. It would simply be a bit of javascript hooked onto the onclick listener for the retire button.

Disclaimer for what I have written below: I haven't tried this in anger so it'd be best to test this in a test environment first (good practice anyway)!

It is possible to manually with a text editor migrate the record right now if it's only one record. You will need to make changes to 2 files in the record.
  1. The workflow.metadata contains the info as to what step in the workflow it is in. Edit the the file and set the value of the "step" property to "live" and the "label" property to "Published". Have a look at another published record as a reference if this isn't 100% clear.
  2. The TF-OBJ-META contains a property that actually tells ReDBox that the record is published and can be publicly shown. Simply add published=true to the file.
Once you've made these changes you'll need to click the reharvest button on the records details page. This will force ReDBox to update the Solr index and you're record should appear consistent across the site (and appear in your OAI feed).

Andrew
---------------------------

--
-- Website: http://www.redboxresearchdata.com.au

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ReDBox group. To post to this group, send email to redbo...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to redbox-repo...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/redbox-repo?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ReDBox" group.

Matthias Liffers

Jul 23, 2015, 8:22:49 PM7/23/15
to redbo...@googlegroups.com

I’m happy to confirm that this method still works. Thanks!

Matthias.