ANDS Cite My Data changes

Matthias Liffers

Dec 1, 2015, 7:34:32 PM12/1/15
to redbo...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

Me again. Yesterday our ability to mint DOIs in ReDBox broke, but I didn’t have time to investigate. This morning, I logged into the ANDS Registry to update the URL for an existing DOI and find that the Cite My Data interface has completely changed. I suspect that the changes to Cite My Data and the inability to mint DOIs in ReDBox are related.

For what it’s worth, Chrome gives me this error message when I try to mint a DOI:

Error: Invalid response from ANDS server, code 301: Document Load Error:

Anyone else having any issues?

Thanks,

Matthias Liffers
BCompSc W.Aust. MInfoStud CSturt AALIA (CP)
Coordinator, Research Services | University Library

Curtin University
Tel |
+61 8 9266 2439
Fax | +61 8 9266 4185

Email | matthias...@curtin.edu.au
Web | http://library.curtin.edu.au

ORCID | http://orcid.org/0000-0002-3639-2080

Curtin University is a trademark of Curtin University of Technology.
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J

Matthias Liffers

Dec 1, 2015, 8:19:11 PM12/1/15
to redbo...@googlegroups.com

Sorry, it’s probably important to mention that we’re running 1.6.2.

Matthias.

--
-- Website: http://www.redboxresearchdata.com.au

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ReDBox group. To post to this group, send email to redbo...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to redbox-repo...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/redbox-repo?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ReDBox" group.

Matthias Liffers

Dec 2, 2015, 12:36:16 AM12/2/15
to redbo...@googlegroups.com

I’ve had a chance to have a closer look at this and have worked out it has nothing to do with the new release of ANDS Online Services and everything to do with the non-Anglo name that I posted to the list about the other day.

Having the author “Andreas Bollhöfer” created a problem with the minting, but when I swapped it to the alternative spelling of “Andreas Bollhoefer”, a DOI was minted without a hitch. I was then able to log into the Cite My Data client in the ANDS Registry and update to the correct spelling.

So at least I have a workaround, but need to look into fixing this problem in the long-term. I wonder if this is an XML-related issue around escaping for non-Anglo characters i.e. ö versus ö.

Regards,

Grant Jackson

Dec 2, 2015, 6:03:14 PM12/2/15
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthias,

I don't know anything about the ANDS Cite My Data service, but if you are seeing ö within the XML being sent from ReDBox to the service then I suspect that it is invalid XML (as you have suggested). Unlike HTML which has thousands of special characters (or character entities) XML only predefines five. So unless there is a custom definition of ö I believe ö ought to appear in XML as ö

Other debug suggestions include:
 - looking for error messages returned by the Cite My Data service
 - trying the XML within an XML validator (the Cite My Data Service Technical Description PDF suggests http://www.validome.org/xml/)
 - raise an issue with ANDS and/or ReDBox

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Grant