Harry Sidhunata

Jan 11, 2013, 12:54:31 AM1/11/13
to redbo...@googlegroups.com

Hi All

On the Mint documentation about loading the data, it only shows how to load the data with CSV feed to Mint.

Is it possible if the feed is in XML?

Could anyone provide me information on how to do it or what need to be done?

Best regards,

Harry

Harry R. Sidhunata

Technical Support Officer, Library Repository Services, UNSW Library

Phone +61 2 9385 1068 | Fax +61 2 9385 8002 | h.sid...@unsw.edu.au | http://www.library.unsw.edu.au

UNSW Library | The University of New South Wales | UNSW Sydney NSW 2052 AUSTRALIA | CRICOS Provider Code: 00098G

Duncan Dickinson

Jan 13, 2013, 5:36:43 PM1/13/13
to ReDBox User List
Hi Harry,

In order to harvest XML you'll need to create an XML harvester plugin. There are OAI-PMH, SKOS and SOLR-Marc harvesters that may be of interest to you.

Harvesters aren't overly difficult to write - they just implement the Harvester interface (https://dev.redboxresearchdata.com.au/jenkins/view/Clean%20builds/job/The%20Fascinator%20-%20Clean%20Build/javadoc/?). We don't have a generic XML harvester but a number of plugins can be found at https://github.com/organizations/the-fascinator-contrib & https://github.com/the-fascinator/the-fascinator/tree/master/plugins/harvester that you can customise as needed.

The Fascinator's documentation may also assist you (http://sites.google.com/site/fascinatorhome/) - one of my jobs over the next few weeks is to update that doco as it points to older systems.

Thinking about an XML harvester, we have always ended up with a specific harvester for a certain type of XML schema - a generic model never seemed to happen. Perhaps a model such as the one used in the ReDBox alerts system (http://www.redboxresearchdata.com.au/documentation/system-administration/administering-redbox/configuring-alerts) is useful. The config could contain an XPath mapping file that allows for the easy configuration of the harvest (much like in CSV).

I'd be interested in hearing about your scope (how many files, standards etc) as this would be a useful plugin.

-- Website: http://www.redboxresearchdata.com.au

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ReDBox group. To post to this group, send email to redbo...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to redbox-repo...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/redbox-repo?hl=en

--
Cheers,

Duncan

Duncan Dickinson
QCIF Project Manager
Central Queensland University

Contact me:
monday to thursday
ph: 07 3138 2084
m: 0432 402 511
skype: de.dickinson

website | calendar | LinkedIn

Harry Sidhunata

Jan 14, 2013, 12:45:34 AM1/14/13
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Duncan,

Thanks for the reply and the information.
I will to check on the links that you provided.

About the XML feed, It contains Party information exported from UNSW Human Resources System.
The feed does not use any standards.

Duncan Dickinson

Jan 14, 2013, 12:52:19 AM1/14/13
to ReDBox User List
Hi Harry,

In that case a generic XML Harvester may be the way to go. The harvester would be similar to the CSV one (multiple records in one file) but using an XML parser. If you have a reasonably "flat" xml format that could be reasonably easy:
<people>
</people>

If it was more involved, an XPath mapping config option might be useful in drawing out the elements/sub-elements needed.

-- Website: http://www.redboxresearchdata.com.au

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ReDBox group. To post to this group, send email to redbo...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to redbox-repo...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/redbox-repo?hl=en

Duncan Dickinson

Feb 27, 2013, 8:49:04 PM2/27/13
to ReDBox User List
Hi Harry,

I was wondering how you got along with this?

Cheers,

Duncan