1.6 installation error

UWS_Amar

May 1, 2013, 9:13:51 PM5/1/13
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hello members,

I had issues with redbox1.6 installation with our Solaris box.
I always got that build error. It seems like missing libcrypto.so.10.0 module.

I've attached a file with the console error messages.

Please forward your views / solution to this issue for installing 1.6 on Solaris platform.

Thank in advance.

-  Amar

redbox1_6Error.png

Duncan Dickinson

May 2, 2013, 12:27:07 AM5/2/13
to ReDBox User List
Hi Amar,

I'm not sure about Solaris but could you run mvn with --debug ? It might give us some more info.

Cheers,

Duncan

-  Amar

--
-- Website: http://www.redboxresearchdata.com.au

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ReDBox group. To post to this group, send email to redbo...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to redbox-repo...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/redbox-repo?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ReDBox" group.

Cheers,

Duncan

Duncan Dickinson
QCIF Project Manager
Central Queensland University

Contact me:
monday to thursday
ph: 07 3138 2084
m: 0432 402 511
skype: de.dickinson

website | calendar | LinkedIn

Dave Huthnance

May 2, 2013, 12:48:16 AM5/2/13
to ReDBox User List

Hi,

libcrypo is part of the openssl package. Make sure it is installed and put the location of the library in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH if it is not in /usr/lib or somewhere normal.

I used the OpenCSW packages I think when I installed Redbox on Solaris (a long time ago)

Regards,

Dave

Dave Huthnance
eResearch Consultant,
Academic & Research Computing Support
Client Services - IT Services
The University of Newcastle
University Drive, Callaghan NSW 2308 AUSTRALIA

T: +61 2 4921 5469
F: +61 2 4921 7087
dave.hu...@newcastle.edu.au

www.newcastle.edu.au
CRICOS Provider Number: 00109J

>>> Duncan Dickinson <d.dic...@qcif.edu.au> 2/05/2013 2:27 pm >>>
website <http://www.duncan.dickinson.name> |
calendar<http://www.duncan.dickinson.name/cal>|
LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/dedickinson>

Amir Rezghian

May 2, 2013, 12:53:28 AM5/2/13
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Dave,

The problem is that the latest release of the OpenSSL is available for Solaris is 0.9.8. This is basically our internal issue which our servers runs over Solaris. But, I am wondering is there any specific change since the version 1.5.2 of RedBox? Is it using SSL somewhere?

Regards,
Amir

Dave Huthnance

May 2, 2013, 1:19:57 AM5/2/13
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
It looks as though it failed while git was running. Maybe you are using a later version of Git than before. Git was possibly trying to get something using ssl.

Regards,

Dave

>>> Amir Rezghian <A.Rez...@uws.edu.au> 2/05/2013 2:53 pm >>>

Amir Rezghian