Selectively exposing records for harvest

Matthias Liffers

Feb 5, 2015, 7:21:36 PM2/5/15
to redbo...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

Sorry if you’ve seen this question already – I posted a similar question to redbox-dev last week but haven’t received any replies.

I’d like to expose a subset of records for harvesting, and I’d like your advice on the best way to achieve that!

We’re working with a discipline-specific, geochemical data discovery portal and want to expose only some records. We only want to give them geochemical records.

I thought the easiest way to do this would be to tag each record we want to give them with a keyword, then create a view based on that keyword. I was hoping that this view would construct a set that could then be selectively harvested. For example, I’ve created a view “sa” and can see the set “sa” being advertised in our OAI-PMH feed. Unfortunately, I get zero records returned (yes, they’re published!) when I try to use a URL like this one:

http://redbox-dev.curtin.edu.au/redbox/sa/feed/oai?verb=ListRecords&metadataPrefix=oai_dc&set=sa

(this URL won’t work for you because our dev server is hiding behind a firewall)

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Matthias Liffers
BCompSc W.Aust. MInfoStud CSturt AALIA (CP)
Coordinator, Research Services | University Library

Curtin University
Tel |
+61 8 9266 2439
Fax | +61 8 9266 4185

Email | matthias...@curtin.edu.au
Web | http://library.curtin.edu.au

Brown, Marianne

Feb 5, 2015, 7:43:20 PM2/5/15
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matthias,

What we have done for this same situation is to create a view and then enable the view to be OAI-PHM harvested in the configuration and then point the harvester at this new feed.

Creating a view involves so set up on the back end - creating a directory inside .../portal/ with the name you want the view to have and placing in it a single portal.json file with the settings for the view -  here is where you put your solr query to define the view contents. You will need to then restart the service and you should then see your view in the View menu. To make the view oai-pmh harvestable, you need to edit the system-config.json file and add it to the list of enabled views.

There is some documentation on the Fascinator site - https://sites.google.com/site/fascinatorhome/home/documenation/technical/details/branding-appearance/views - and you can look in the portal/published/portal.json for an example.

Hope that helps!

Marianne Brown
Manager, Research Information

Research Services, Division of Research & Innovation
James Cook University, 1 James Cook Drive
Townsville QLD 4811 AUSTRALIA

 07 4781 4568  I  T (INT’L) +61 7 4781 4568
E mariann...@jcu.edu.au  I  W jcu.edu.au
Location: Building 17; Room 136   JCU CRICOS Provider Code: 00117J

Note: The contents of this email transmission, including any attachments, are intended solely for the named addressee and are confidential; any unauthorised use, reproduction or storage of the contents and any attachments is expressly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please delete it and any attachments from your system immediately and advise the sender by return email or telephone. James Cook University does not warrant that this email and any attachments are error or virus free.

<image001.png>

--
-- Website: http://www.redboxresearchdata.com.au

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ReDBox group. To post to this group, send email to redbo...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to redbox-repo...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/redbox-repo?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ReDBox" group.