ReDBox 1.8 Release Notes and ReDBox future release plans

Andrew Brazzatti

Oct 27, 2014, 1:41:44 AM10/27/14
to ReDBox Developer List, redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I've updated the ReDBox website with some release notes on the upcoming 1.8 release of ReDBox as well as a bit of a road map on the technical aspects of the application that need upgrading and enhancing based on community feedback.

The 1.8 release notes are available here. Technical documentation around these features and tools are being worked on and will be available in the coming weeks. I am also prepared to do a demo and run through of the new tools (new curation manager, harvest client and administration tool) from a technical perspective and what's required in the upgrade if there is interest? We are working on some deployment scripts in puppet and once they're ready we will have an environment up and running with the new tools available for preview.

The proposed future release plan is available here and is purely from a technical perspective. There is certainly the possibility of adding new business features alongside these technical enhancements. Additionally the order of technical upgrades is not set in stone. It's been a long time since our last Technical Management Committee and I'm keen to resume them to discuss these items.

Thanks,
Andrew