Urgent help - mint/redbox AMQ config. (separate mint-redbox servers)

Timothy O'Connor

Jun 15, 2014, 8:54:18 PM6/15/14
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hoping I can get a clear answer here :)

We are running mint and redbox on separate servers.  I have opened up  the network so that redbox can communicate with mint on port 9201 for AMQ.  Does mint also need to be able to communicate with redbox via AMQ?  At the moment the system seems to be stuck at the 'waiting for curation' stage, after an item is published.

Andrew Brazzatti

Jun 16, 2014, 2:57:48 AM6/16/14
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,

ReDBox and Mint communicate with each other as part of the curation process as messages are sent regarding the curation status of all the related records. The port the ReDBox message queue listens on is port 9101.

Andrew

--
-- Website: http://www.redboxresearchdata.com.au

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ReDBox group. To post to this group, send email to redbo...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to redbox-repo...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/redbox-repo?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ReDBox" group.

Timothy O'Connor

Jun 16, 2014, 10:22:36 PM6/16/14
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks - is it a two way communication?  i.e redbox sends a message to mint, and then mint sends a message back to redbox via AMQ?  Can I then assume that the message that is sent from redbox to mint contains the TCP details of the redbox AMQ settings?

The confusion arises because while in redbox there is a MINT_AMQ setting, there is no corresponding REDBOX_AMQ setting in mint.

Andrew Brazzatti

Jun 17, 2014, 12:00:32 AM6/17/14
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Yes it's both directions. The process when a record is pushed to published state is:
  1. ReDBox sends a message for each related record to mint to curate and waits
  2. Mint then curates the records required and notifies ReDBox (via messaging) when each record is complete
  3. Once ReDBox has been notified that all related records have been curated, it marks the record as published
The reason why you don't see any REDBOX_AMQ setting in Mint is that the interaction is always initiated from ReDBox and the messages sent to Mint from ReDBox include the broker URL to reply to.

Hope this helps,
Andrew
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Timothy O'Connor

Jun 25, 2014, 9:20:57 PM6/25/14
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Ok, my previous post deleted :)

Looks like there are a number of hardcoded 'localhost' amq settings that need to be changed in system.config.  To get this working, you should specify the IP in the AMQ settings:

"tcp://xx.xx.xx.xx:9201" where xx is the IP of the local machine.

In system.config on redbox, change:
"mintBroker": "tcp://localhost:9201",

"mintBroker": "tcp://xx.xx.xx.xx:9201"