Custom metadata schemata and ReDBox

Matthias Liffers

Mar 3, 2016, 6:40:27 PM3/3/16
to redbo...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

We’re ramping up the next phase of work on the Digital Mineral Library and are looking at capturing provenance metadata for datasets captured from instruments.

I still have a lot to learn about provenance metadata, but I daresay it will involve some sort of metadata schema with various fields vanilla ReDBox cannot necessarily store in a structured and machine-readable fashion without a bit of extra customisation.

I was wondering if anybody else is storing metadata that is above and beyond what vanilla ReDBox can handle. If you are, how are you storing it? Have you modified ReDBox to handle some additional fields, are you attaching extra metadata files to ReDBox records, or are you storing extra metadata files alongside the datasets themselves?

Or perhaps you’re storing the metadata in a way that my 5-minute brainstorm didn’t capture…

Regards,

Matthias Liffers
BCompSc W.Aust. MInfoStud CSturt AALIA (CP)
Coordinator, Research Services | University Library

Curtin University
Tel |
+61 8 9266 2439
Fax | +61 8 9266 4185

Email | matthias...@curtin.edu.au
Web | http://library.curtin.edu.au

ORCID | http://orcid.org/0000-0002-3639-2080

Curtin University is a trademark of Curtin University of Technology.
CRICOS Provider Code 00301J