Issue with Person Description

David Lewis

Jun 19, 2017, 11:03:57 PM6/19/17
to ReDBox
Hello everyone

I've just recently taken over system management of the Curtin University Library's RedBox server, and I'm still trying to learn what I can as I move along.

I was alerted by ANDS that they were seeing some strange text in the Person Description field.

The text found in the Person Description is "$util.encodeXml($util.get($item, "data", "Name"))"

If you do a Person search in ANDS with Curtin University as a Data Provider, some of the Person summary entries turn up with the above text in the Description.

Being a complete and utter newbie to managing RedBox I've been grep-ing and find-ing my way around the system and I found the same string in the mint/templates/person/rif.vm file (/registryObjects/registryObject/party/description).

The section in question is:

            ### Description
            #set ($value = $util.get($item, "data", "Description"))
            #if ("$!value" != "")
            <description type="full">$util.encodeXml($value)</description>
            #else
            <description type="full">$util.encodeXml($util.get($item, "data", "Name"))</description>
            #end

I really don't understand what is going on and if that is where that text in the Person Description is coming from.

Could anyone advise me why this is happening (missing description field in the source meta-data, maybe?) and what to do?

Thanks very much in advance to any and all who will respond.

Kind regards
David Lewis
Library Management Systems Analyst

Andrew Brazzatti

Jun 21, 2017, 12:38:03 AM6/21/17
to redbo...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

What you're seeing there is the indeed the template that generates the RIF-CS metadata record for a person and it's written in Apache Velocity.

One of velocity's "features" is that when it can't evaluate a non-null result for a particular macro is that it will print it literally. The issue here looks like your people records in Mint don't have a description or name field so you'll need to change what field you're using for the description.

Hope that helps!

Those that have support agreements we can provide direct fixes and changes for their instances.

Thanks,
Andrew

--
-- Website: http://www.redboxresearchdata.com.au

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups ReDBox group. To post to this group, send email to redbo...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to redbox-repo+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/redbox-repo?hl=en
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ReDBox" group.